Tuesday, January 25, 2005

so the story goes

Coding these days have become horribly boring. Its same shit different day (SSDD).
I dont have a good company for coding .. my teammate (with whom i coded for last phase of project) left the company and joined sap. There it seems one person cant enter into anothers cabin without having previous appointment .. thats good, and they have chicken 3 days a week ..drool. For various reasons im more interested in algorithms, compilers .. etc. So
i might start posting a topic on algorithms soon.

my work day

colleague: hey .. the program is running but not stopping
me: there should be some infinite loop in your code

he goes and comes later

him: hey .. i found out the problem .. its the while loop.. so i changed all while to if .. that should be okay .. isnt it?
me: WTF???

3 comments:

Zeus said...

Mr.Doubt Kuttan: Sir, you are out of order!

ShibinDiskOperatingGod: Out of order, I'll show you out of order! You don't know what out of order is!

I'd show you but I'm too old, I'm too tired, and I'm too fuckin' blind. If I were the man I was five years ago I'd take a flame-thrower to this place.

Out of order, who the hell do you think you're talking to?

I've been around you know? There was a time I could code. And I have coded, programs like these, better than these, their source torn out, their functions ripped off. But there isn't nothin' like the sight of an ignorant overpaid lead, there is no prosthetic for that. You think you're merely sending this splendid foot-soldier back home to Oregon with his tail between his legs but I say that you are executing his soul. And why? Because he's not a Cognizant man. Cognizant men, you hurt this boy, you're going to be Cognizant Bums, the lot of ya.

And Ex-PM, Other Doubtkuttan #2, Other Doubtkuttan #3, wherever you are out there, fuck you too.

neo said...

Brilliant! Change all WHILEs to IFs ! :-)

dog said...

love the flamethrower dialogue :D