Monday, February 14, 2005

Schooling

I studied my LKG to 4th standard in an school called St Peters School (formerly Fathima School). It was a nice school, and i liked many of the teachers there. I vaguely remember headmistress Sister Rose, who was there when i was joining the school. When i left, headmistress was Sister Christine. She was from Rome i guess, and didnt know Malayalam.
My brother also studied in the same school. I remember the day i joined school. I was okay until my uncle left. Then i started crying. They took me to the printing press (there was a printing press attached to the school). A lady called Reena (she was always there till my 4th), gave me candy and left at the press. I saw another boy also there, he was also crying. When i saw the press working, i stopped crying as it was somehow interesting, the green, red lights, how paper went inside, the person painting the die etc...
I was not like other kids at that time. During intervals i never went outside. Teachers always asked me why i was sitting alone in the class. But a kid found me somehow interesting, and he took me outside. He was my best friend till 4th, after that we parted.

I still remember my first exam result. Me and my brother got the result cards on the same day. After reaching home evening, i remember my brother being scolded(?) by my mom and uncle. After this they reached my result card. Unfortunately i didnt know how to interpret the result card, so was afraid of whats going to happen to me. But it seems i got good marks, and they were praising me .. lucky. I remember another incident (dont know whether it occurred on the same day or not) that the teachers demanded to bring parents for something. Again, i didnt know what parents meant, and i heard it as “parrots”. I was worried about where to get parrots, and how to bring it to school. When i reached home, i was relieved to find out that they meant to bring my mom or dad.

There are tons of memories related to that school, and a majority of my way of thinking was formed there.

5 comments:

Zeus said...

Ha! Never seen you do this stuff...are you writing a memoir?
My earliest memory of school is looking up my classmate's skirt and getting tangled in it when I tried to get up the moment out class teacher came in...
I think that one moment defined my character...

Anonymous said...

The moment you told me about your crystal clear dream about a Space ship landing on your head, i knew you could churn out such stuff!

Amazing! Keep BLOGGING!!

Zeus, you nasty son of a @#$#% !! You were under skirt at skool!! aargh!

Anonymous said...

Innocence captured, reminded me of 'Rebecca' :)

enjoyed so much that u've made me think of bloggin again..

keep bloggin... a lot more :)

dog said...

hmm.. so many anonymous?? who might be?

Anonymous said...

Zeus is the hero of "Little johny" jokes. Amen.
PS: This anonymous user is different from the previous anonymous user. And this one prefers to remain anonymous just for the fun of it ;).